Thursday, May 5, 2016

Stencil and Prima Flowers



Ok, here's another card that doesn't look like I made it...

 
but I did.


 Honest.




(stamp:Newton's Nook Fanciful Florals  other:Heidi Swapp Star Stencil,Prima Flowers,Want2Scrap rhinestones, Tim Holtz Distress Inks)


I was motivated to stencil~




& to create something charming.



http://curtaincallchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/curtain-call-inspiration-challenge.html



I added prima flowers my sister passed on to me~isn't she the BEST?!!

I figured they'd add the charm factor. ;)
 



Initially I was looking for my splatter stencil, but ever since I organized my craft supplies, I've misplaced it. :)


Oy, the irony.



If I find it, I'll try the stencil technique again.


I tried to soften the star image by sponging it once with blue distress ink,
then sliding it over and sponging with purple.

I added water drops to soften the area up.


Now to look for the stencil I wanted to use....I KNOW I saw it somewhere...




3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

I totally love this..

Virginia L. said...

Striking background, Marlena! Love the multiple stenciling! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stencil It” Challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun, Marlena! Great take on the inspiration photo!